Saturday, February 11, 2012

Anchors


I've gotten an immense response thus far to my posted concerns. Thank you, all of you. Please continue to show me your wisdom. Also, I'd love for you to get a Blogger account [you can get non-blogging ones] so that you can comment on this blog, as I'll continue to keep it up on the impending trip. :)


I'm sitting here with the most mellow baby I've ever met, watching John Lennon videos and Three Is A Magic Number. Now we're onto Regina Spektor.


Why do I bring this up? 


To make the point about my ambivalence of leaving, which I didn't realize until today.


As I said previously, I've no partner, no children--at this point in my life, I know that's exactly how it needs to be. 


However, realizing that I've got no major anchors here, in a city I've lived in for a decade...it stings. The person that pointed this out stated that while I do have anchors, they are not too heavy to pick up & continue on in my adventure. This person is one of my anchors & like so many others, envisioning leaving him, it makes me want to cry. This little baby on my lap is one of those anchors too. They have made my life so full, so lovely. 


I didn't realize until today that one of the primary things in life I want is an anchor, a place to feel like I belong. In that vein, taking a trip across the country, constantly uprooting seems to be the opposite. I admit it, I don't really get it either. Perhaps this is a teachable moment.


Either way, as long as I feel like is this is something I need to do, I will carry on. 


Everything comes out in the wash. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment